Christopher Williams wrote:

Unfortunately, you do need to move classes common to multiple web apps into library files. You don't have to put the library files into common\lib, however. You can put the JARs in WEB-INF/lib inside your WAR file. Never done it myself, but it's supposed to work.

Yep, but then I can't deploy/undeploy the two WARs seperately. We have developers, who write classes, and they want to manage their WAR, and we have people, who write JSP files, and they want to manage their own WAR. But it seems they can't work together in the way I imagined.

Thank you very much for your help,

Ulrich