From: Ryan Lissack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 12:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Java Virtual Machines on Linux

Hi,

I am interested to hear if others have used anything other than the Sun VM
for a production Tomcat system, running on Linux, and what their experiences
were.

>From what I can see, there are four main options at the moment:
Sun JRE 1.4.2
Blackdown JRE 1.4.1
IBM JRE 1.4.1
BEA JRockit 8.1 (J2SE 1.4 compatible)

Any comments/suggestions on any of the above?

We are using Tomcat 4.1 (with CoyoteConnector) running on x86 based dual CPU
machines using Red Hat Linux 9 (kernel 2.4.20-8smp).

Thanks for you attention.

Ryan