From: Christopher Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 8:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Implementing a Login procedure, but avoiding
cookies/session

Magic?  Actually, you could use URL-rewriting or hidden forms, but
anybody using your page could change the value from "0" to "1" to fool
your code into thinking they'd logged on.  They could also do the same
with a cookie if they reverse engineered your cookie data (which is not
hard).  Best to use the Session object as that's stored server side,
and, conveniently, goes away when the user does.