From: "Andoni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 6:19 PM
Subject: Error Page 500 Not working.

Hello,

I am trying to implement error pages for my site.  They seem to work when I
specify the particular exception in the web.xml file thus:

  <error-page>
  <exception-type>java.lang.NullPointerException</exception-type>
  <location>/jsp/error500.jsp</location>
 </error-page>

but not when I specify the error number as below.  What happens is that when
I have both of these entries in the web.xml and I put a divide by zero error
into my code to test it then it brings up the default Tomcat error page with
the Exception and the 500 at the top?

<error-page>
  <error-code>500</error-code>
  <location>/jsp/error500.jsp</location>