Can be done.  This example should get you started.
   public class MyEmailResponse extends HttpServletResponseWrapper {
      Writer out;
       public MyEmailResponse(HttpServletResponse res) {
         super(res);
         out = new StringWriter();
       }
       public Writer getWriter() {
          return out;
       }
       // You may need to override some other methods here
  };

Then in your servlet:

      MyEmailResponse mer = new MyEmailResponse(response);
      RequestDispatcher rd =
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/myEmail.jsp");
      rd.include(request, mer);
      mer.flushBuffer();
      StringWriter sw = (StringWriter)mer.getWriter();
      String emailMessage = sw.toString();

"Andoni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hello,

I have written a little method for my servlet that let's me know when
something goes wrong.  It sends me an email the body of which is a simple
java.lang.String.  This is easy as I cut mostly from a book I have ;-)

Anyway, my question now is, I want to have my RequestDipatcher fill out a
jsp page and send this as the body of the email.  Can anyone tell me how to
achieve this?

How do I convert the .jsp with all it's parameters filled in, into a
java.lang.String?

My thanks in advance,

Andoni.