Thanks for the quick response.

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Howdy,
Several things to do:

Try to start tomcat from the console (use catalina.sh run instead of
catalina.sh start) and when you run into this condition again, use
CTRL-BREAK to send a SIGQUIT to the JVM so that you can an output of
what your threads are doing.

I ran "catalina.sh run" and run into this condition over and over.
I do not know when/how I should terminate it since it prints out the
message and finishes itself quickly. Should I look for java thread processes?

Don't start non-daemon threads in your webapp. Alternatively, if you
do, make sure they properly handle interruptions and quit. If you're
not sure where they're coming from, do the above SIGQUIT approach to
see.

I am not aware of non-deamon threads. Maybe the problem has sth. to do with native calls
I use but they are terminated I guess ...
Thanks
Astrid

As another alternative, though dirty and potentially very bad if there's more than one webapp on the server: write a ServletContextListener that does System.exit(n) at the end of its contextDestroyed method ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics