I am using the ParameterMap in request in an authentication mechanism. Therefore I need to do the following:

add a mapping of parameters to the request.getParameter(). I do the following:

import org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap;

System.out.println("ParameterMap is a: "+ request.getParameterMap().getClass().getName());
try{
ParameterMap map = (ParameterMap)request.getParameterMap();
map.setLocked(false);
map.putAll(values.getParameterMap());
map.setLocked(true);
}catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}

This gives the following output:
ParameterMap is a org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap
And a ClassCastException in this line:
            ParameterMap map = (ParameterMap)request.getParameterMap();

So it seems that they reference to two different class-definitions, but I am using the same catalina.jar everywhere. (included it in the WEB-INF/lib dir)

If I put catalina.jar in the WEB-INF/lib dir, then the above error is reported, else a ClassNotFoundException is thrown.

I'm using tomcat-4.1 and found the class in the catalina.jar file. Where else is it?

Thanks

Morten Andersen Master of applied mathematics and computer science Research assistant (in e-learning)

The Maersk Institute of Production technology at Southern Danish University www.mip.sdu.dk
Campusvej 55
DK-5230 Odense M
Denmark