 Yoav> Howdy, Where are your commons-logging, commons-logging-api
 Yoav> jars, and logging configuration file?

jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6-src/lib/commons-logging.jar

also

jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/common/lib/commons-logging-api.jar
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/server/lib/commons-logging.jar

(I'm testing both versions)

I guess the problem can be the configuration file. I don't know where
it is or where should be.

Thank you!

 Yoav> Yoav Shapira Millennium ChemInformatics

 >> -----Original Message----- From: Francisco Vides Fernandez
 >> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, September 15,
 >> 2003 5:37 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Logging
 >> with tomcat
 >>

 >> Hello
 >>
 >> I'm trying to do some loging using tomcat and commons-logging, but
 >> I don't know how to make it work properly.
 >>
 >> I'm using org.apache.commons.Log, and if I do something like
 >>
 >> log.error (something);
 >>
 >> It works properly, and I can see the output in tomcat log files,
 >> but if I do
 >>
 >> log.debug (something);
 >>
 >> or
 >>
 >> log.trace (something);
 >>
 >> can't see any output. I've RTFM from tomcat and commons-logging,
 >> and tried with values of debug in <Context>, <Logger> and
 >> such. Also search the mail archives, but couldn't find anything on
 >> how to configure this.
 >>
 >> Could someone help me or point me in the right direction?
 >>
 >> Thanks in advance
 >>

 >> --
 >> +----------------- | Francisco Vides Fernández
 >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Director técnico.  | Teléfono fijo:
 >> 952 60 29 59 | Teléfono móvil: 661 67 32 73 | Fax: 952 60 29 59 |
 >> Dédalo Ingenieros http://www.dedaloingenieros.com/ | PGP:
 >> http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x5AAE6285
 >> +------

 >> For additional commands, e-mail:
 >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Yoav> This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential
 Yoav> business communication, and may contain information that is
 Yoav> confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is
 Yoav> intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed,
 Yoav> and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
 Yoav> anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please
 Yoav> immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and
 Yoav> notify the sender.  Thank you.

 Yoav> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
 Yoav> [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional
 Yoav> commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--