From: "Christopher St. John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: how to close request input stream
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:34:58 -0500

Peter H. wrote:

Calling request.getInputStream().close does not work...
...the browser still sends bytes

how many? it won't be an instant stop because there can be many bytes "in flight" between the browser and your server (operating systems buffers, proxy servers, etc).

 if "still sends bytes" means 100's of kilobytes, then
something else is going on, and you'd need to look at
each "hop" your bytes are taking on the way to the server
to see where they're ending up...

-cks