Adam Hardy wrote:
I can't see why. Perhaps you are overriding it later in the request processing? Struts uses response.setContentType()

The docs say: overridden automatically if a
     * <code>RequestDispatcher.forward()</code> call is
     * ultimately invoked.

but that leaves me none the wiser.

Possible. I'm not that deep in the servlet processes, don't know what strange things are done. (I come from the Cocoon world and I'm afraid from the low abstraction in general ;-) ).

But not the problem, we set the content type in one JSP that is included in every other JSP, so we have to maintain this also on one place only.

Joerg

Adam