        From: Joe Mihalich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thu 9/25/2003 7:29 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Tomcat connector for Apache 2.0.47 ... Please Help

        Hi,

                       I've installed Apache version 2.0.47, and tomcat version
        4.1.27 on a windows xp box.

                       I've downloaded the mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll connector, and put it
        in the modules directory

                    Under apache.

                       I configured tomcat to auto generate the mod_jk.conf file.

                       All that is working ok.so it seems.

                       I then modified the httpd.conf file as follows:

        LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

        AddModule mod_jk.c

        JkWorkersFile \Program Files\Apache
        Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\jk\workers.properties

        JkLogFile logs\mod_jk.log

        JkLogLevel debug

                       And added this include, at the end of the file

        Include \Program Files\Apache
        Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf

                       Now, when I try to start up apache, I'm getting this error:

        Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
        Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

        Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file C:/Program
        Files/Apache Gr

        oup/Apache2/modules/mod_jk2.dll: No error

                       Line 173 is the "LoadModule" line above.

                       Can someone please tell me why I'm getting this error?  In
        the download

                    Directory for mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll, it says that this file is only
        for Apache 2.0.43.

                    I assume that it will work for 2.0.47.or is that the problem
        here?  I can't

                    Find 2.0.43 to download anymore.

                       Also, I'm confused as to why all the other modules in the
        modules sub directory

                    Have the ".so" extension.  Aren't those unix shared library
        objects?  Can they work

                    On windows?

                       Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

                    Thanks,