JNI is reported to be very good (I haven't tried it myself).  However, I'd
avoid it if you are using the pre-fork MPM (which includes all Apache 1.3.x
versions on *nix system).  If you are using a *nix box, then the unix-socket
may help a bit, but I'd guess that the improvement over the plain-vanilla
socket is probably pretty small in most usage cases.

"Jeremy Nix" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I'm running a configuration with Apache and Tomcat on the same machine.
Which handler(s) would I see the biggest performance improvement by
using them?  I figured it would be the JNI option, but I wanted to get
some input.

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.