Hi there,

I have spent a bit of time trying to figure out why this problem is
happening with no luck - so I decided to email the mailing list.

The issue is this:

We have a PDF reporting engine running from Tomcat 4.1.24 - in a Production
environment.
I have a particular report that is erroring out irregularly - sometimes it
will run 3-4 times in a row and
then it will bomb out (this is after re-starting the tomcat service), other
times it will bomb out after restart
immediately.  The weird thing is is the error that is being dumped to the
stderr log does NOT have a stack
trace - it is dumping with:

java.lang.NullPointerException

on stderr.  This reminds me of the OutOfMemoryError which dumps without a
stack trace, but slightly
less descriptive.  Is there any way to get more description on this problem?
I have tried to up
the debug levels in the server.xml without any success.

NOTE Other reports that are larger and more resource intensive are running
consistently without a hitch.

Thanks in advance,
Steve