From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 11:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Regarding Tomcat Start

I have installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12. I set jdk and catalina path. I open
command prompt, move to the bin directory of tomcat. I run startup.bat. It
opens another prompt that vanishes in seconds. I dont see anything wrong
(warning or error message) at original command prompt.
I move to localhost in browser. Nothing loads up on browser !
How do i know whether tomcat has really started or not ? (I tried to look at
services running, it does not show up there)
I tried to see log floder, but it is just empty. I tried to run shutdown bat
file. It says, connection not found ! Does it help in answering my question?
I am using Windows XP Operating System.
Regards
~Vishal