Is it just me, or are both halves of that if statement exactly
identical?  Based on this snippet of code only, you should get the same
results regardless of flag's value.  Is there other code that checks
this flag, and does the getRequestDispatcher call differently?

It sounds like you are forwarding to yourself, and that whatever logic
determines the value of flag is based on the forwarded request
parameters, so it will always keep determining it to be false and
forward once more to itself => infinite recursion.

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/30/03 12:39:12 PM >>>
Hi All,
I am having a problem when doing servlet chaining. I have a code
snippet
like this

if(flag)
{
    requestdispatcher.forward(request,response);
}
else
{
    requestdispatcher.forward(request,response);
}

The problem is if flag is true the forward and I get the desired
result. But
in the else case I get a java.lang.StackOverFlowError . The stack trace
is

java.lang.StackOverflowError at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.removeAttribute(ApplicationH
ttpRequest.java:229)

And the error is at the forward of the false case. Can somebody help me
with
this problem.

Thanks in advance,
shyam