From: David Rees [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 3:56 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Classes not recompiling - Have to restart Tomcat

On Wed, October 1, 2003 1at 2:49 pm, Shapira, Yoav sent the following
>>From: Cunningham, Steven [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>Hi, I'm fairly new to tomcat, and though I'm not sure why, but tomcat
>>won't recompile my classes while I'm working.
>>I have to manually restart tomcat each time I want it to compile.
>>
>>Now a couple notes:
>>
>>Reloadable is set to true.
>>JSP's recompile just fine when saved.
>>
>>Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Are there any errors in the tomcat log?

I didn't know that Tomcat would compile classes for you...  I always
compile classes myself and then let the automatic class reloading pick up
the changes.

In practice, however, I have had problems with Tomcat noticing the changed
classes as well, so I usually set reloadable to false and then manually
reload the context using the manager webapp when I want to reload classes.

-Dave