As far as I understand there is a bug with
jk_nt_service.exe, and it's won't start tomcat after you
install. (jk_nt_service.exe installs ok, but service will not
start).

If anyone out there knows I'm wrong, please tell me!

Mike

>Hi everyone
>
>I have told that this is an excellent way to get some
help. Basically I have
>a got very simple question. I have installed Release
Build Tomcat v3.2.1. I
>am able to get it up and running using the startup.bat
in the bin directory.
>Now what I would like to know is how I could make
Tomcat as an NT Service. I
>have got the 'jk_nt_service.exe' which I gather is used
to create this NT
>service, however, I have not managed to understand
how I could do this.

>I would appreciate if someone could help with this with
a step-by-step
>method.
>
>Many thanks in advanced
>Pauline

authentication in
>my web application. I will try to state my problem
briefly:

>I have a web application that has FORM security. I
need to create a way
>for users to create an account that gives them access
to the web
>application. Optimally, the user/password/role info
should be stored in
>a database.
>
>How can this be done as closely as possible to the
servlet/jsp
>specification? Is there a package written for this
somewhere? I found
>something about JDBC real in the server.xml file, is it
what I seek?

>Note that I also need this to be integrated with the
web engine (Apache
>preferably).
>
>I have seen that app servers like weblogic´s have a
user authentication
>scheme exactly like the one I seek but I want a non-
proprietary, low
>cost solution.
>
>Any direction would be much appreciatted since I am
really not knowing
>what to do regarding this matter.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Christian Rauh

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For additional commands, email: tomcat-user-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]