Howdy,
By default, JSP pages are compiled as needed at runtime.  That means
once when first accessed, and once thereafter every change to the JSP.
It does NOT mean recompile on every access -- that would be pretty
terrible ;)  If you change reloadable to be false for your context, JSPs
are not automatically recompiled even if they're changed.

You can precompile all your JSP pages using JspC.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.