From: Lawence [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 11:41 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Virtual Host Alias Problem

Yes, I just duplicated the host entry and changed the second one from domain
to ip. Now both work fine. There should be a better solution but I am happly
with it.

Wade Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Yeah the ipaddress tag.
Also, you'll notice that you'll
have to create extra Host tags if you use anything other than www. As
the prefix for your domain name. I have yet to figure that one out.
But, am planning on looking at the Alias source code. Has anyone else
had this type of a problem with Alias? Lawence you may need to make
another host tag for this. This is the type of issue I have been
having. I have a domain wade.internal.net and rh1.internal.net and
these have to be setup as separate Host names to work. You may
experience this with your ip addresses as well. Also, if you are using
a different ip address and port other than than the standard one you
will need to make sure you have your connectors setup correctly for
that. Like 192.168.1.10:80 and 192.168.1.11:80 if on the same box needs
to connectors one for each IP. Since they are the same port.