Then, you could create a class that would convert strings from some
encoding that you donīt known and transform to UTF-8 and that class load its
configuration from a local .properties file to make it flexible, for
example:

        public String getParameter( String stName_ )
        {
                //This will change the native encoding to you favorite one:
                byte[ ]b = request.getParameter( "MyParam" ).getBytes(
"UTF-8" );

                return new String( b ); //To use default encoding:
                return new String( b, "UTF-8" );        //Some different:
        }