Steve Ruby wrote:

> no.. really it's been in the standard distribution
> since 1.3.7
> any version 1.3.7 or newer should have it, I know
> the unix
> distributions to I assume it's in the win one too.

Then it seems the unix and Win distributions differ in
this respect. I just installed the Win NT version
(1.3.14) that I downloaded at most 2 1/2 weaks ago and
this is what is listed in the modules directory:

ApacheModuleAuthAnon.dll
ApacheModuleAuthDBM.dll
ApacheModuleAuthDigest.dll
ApacheModuleCERNMeta.dll
ApacheModuleDigest.dll
ApacheModuleExpires.dll
ApacheModuleHeaders.dll
ApacheModuleInfo.dll
ApacheModuleProxy.dll
ApacheModuleRewrite.dll
ApacheModuleSpeling.dll
ApacheModuleStatus.dll
ApacheModuleUserTrack.dll

The httpd.conf file only lists the following modules
for either static or dynamic load:

#ClearModuleList
#AddModule mod_so.c mod_mime.c mod_access.c mod_auth.c
mod_negotiation.c
#AddModule mod_include.c mod_autoindex.c mod_dir.c
mod_cgi.c mod_userdir.c
#AddModule mod_alias.c mod_env.c mod_log_config.c
mod_asis.c mod_imap.c
AddModule mod_actions.c mod_setenvif.c mod_isapi.c

#LoadModule anon_auth_module
modules/ApacheModuleAuthAnon.dll
#LoadModule dbm_auth_module
modules/ApacheModuleAuthDBM.dll
#LoadModule digest_auth_module
modules/ApacheModuleAuthDigest.dll
#LoadModule cern_meta_module
modules/ApacheModuleCERNMeta.dll
#LoadModule digest_module
modules/ApacheModuleDigest.dll
#LoadModule expires_module
modules/ApacheModuleExpires.dll
#LoadModule headers_module
modules/ApacheModuleHeaders.dll
#LoadModule proxy_module modules/ApacheModuleProxy.dll
#LoadModule rewrite_module
modules/ApacheModuleRewrite.dll
#LoadModule speling_module
modules/ApacheModuleSpeling.dll
#LoadModule info_module modules/ApacheModuleInfo.dll
#LoadModule status_module
modules/ApacheModuleStatus.dll
#LoadModule usertrack_module
modules/ApacheModuleUserTrack.dll

I don't see mod_vhost_alias.c anywhere in this.  Do
you?

Mel