Hmm. I always thought that when using the SSO valve, logging out of one webapp automatically logs you out of all webapps.

The 5 code looks broken based on *very quick* inspection compared to 4.1 based on lines 304-308.

        if ( event.getData() != null
             && "logout".equals( event.getData().toString() )) {
            // logout of all applications
            deregister(ssoId);
        } else {
            // invalidate just one session
            deregister(ssoId, session);
        }

I haven't been able to locate how logout can be a value in a SessionEvent.

-Tim

Adam Hardy wrote:
I have just figured out that the SSO in JSESSIONIDSSO stands for single-sign-on.

I have the following JSP:

remote user <%=request.getRemoteUser() %> in
session <%= session.getId() %>
<%
session.invalidate();
%>

and after doing a login, I saw I got JSESSIONID and JSESSIONIDSSO cookies. I then go to a second site on my tomcat and get a second JSESSIONID without having to do a login coz of SSO.

Now going to this page which has the stuff above, and refreshing over and over always showed the following:

remote user adam in session EB2543D909D52551EA58C77E963CDD17
remote user adam in session EA33F35CCB3D1205A88226029C65939C
remote user adam in session 8814C0365D3F0BDD97B1DE9B7EAECD17
remote user adam in session 1B7F0424190985F24A294EA2344888C5

I see the JSESSIONIDSSO cookie is keeping my remoteUser info active. This shouldn't be the case I'm sure. If I delete the SSO cookie in mozilla, I get a login request on my next request.

Also if I only login to one site, even though I get the SSO cookie, when I invalidate the session, I immediately get a login request. Strange.

This is not correct behaviour for tomcat, is it?

Adam