Justin's suggestion works, but personally I prefer using:
  InputStream is =
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/myresource");

"Steph Richardson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I have a web-app that uses several xml, xsd, and other configuration files
at runtime ( including during the Application Init
> event ). We keep these files under various directories under WEB-INF so
that we can get their paths at runtime relative to
> ServletContext.getRealPath( "WEB-INF" ).
>
> When I am deploying this web-app as a war file, I can detect I am a war
file at runtime because ( getRealPath( "" ) == null ), but