Howdy,
Tomcat should not be installed on J2EE but it can be done with hacks.

If you want the two separate installations, tomcat and JBoss, it's easy to do as you
described: set a different JAVA_HOME for each one in their startup scripts.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.