Thanks to all who made suggestions. I'm still sorting through the options.

Jim.

Jim Lynch wrote:

I've written an application where I need to keep up with the version number. I'm trying to figure out an elegant way to maintain that in the simplest and perhaps the most automated way. My source is kept in a cvs archive but of course there are dozens of files so it would be difficult to base a version number on the version number of a single source or would it?

The number would be displayed as part of the title(<TITLE> My App 0.92</TITLE>) in the index.jsp so it would have to be easily available to that file. I suppose I could use JNDI, I could hardwire it into the index.jsp file, but I probably want to put it into other .jsp files also and it would be harder to keep up with that way.

Anyway I'm looking for good ideas from this very enlightened crowd.

Thanks,
Jim.