I copied some sample servlets from the examples context into another context I made to
see if they would run. But they won't run. I have placed the servlets inside the
WEB-INF/classes directory just like in the examples context and also made a web.xml
file under WEB-INF with the following lines:

<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>
        SessionExample
    </servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        SessionExample
    </servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>
        SessionExample
    </servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>
        /SessionExample
    </url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I'm trying to access the servlet with:
http://hostname/context/servlet/SessionExample

but I keep on getting

Error: 404

Location: /context/servlet/SessionExample

How do I make the servlet work?

I am using Tomcat 3.1 with Apache handling static pages.

Thanks.

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html