From: Neil Aggarwal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 October 2003 18:58
To: 'Tomcat-User'
Cc: Jeff Patterson; 'Filip Hanik'
Subject: Re: SESSION REPLICATION: RedHat 9 and Sun JDK 1.4.2 do not like to
play

Euan:

> FYI regarding using IBM JDK on RH9 - we also experienced core dumps
and had
> to roll back to SUN.. The RH9 release notes state that the IBM JDK has
> 'problems' with RH9 'NPTL' which is on by default but can easily be
*turned
> off*..

What version of the IBM JDK have you been using?

According to this page:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/other/portingplans.html

They state:

On Linux for Intel 32-bit platforms, the current 1.4.1 Java SDK works with
the new NPTL threading library when run on the Red Hat 9 distribution.
However, this function is provided as "early access" and is not supported
for production use.

The latest JDK seems to be working on RH9 on our servers.

Thanks,
        Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com FREE!
Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by