Thanks for the comments on the problem. I recompiled with debug on. No help.

A few more details.
This application is one of three that are running on this machine. The other two work fine and all three a structured almost identically. I use very similar build.xml and build.property files. They are all deployed via war files. The context.xml files are almost identical and the structure of the source and web directories is very similar. Here is another strange error message:

log4j:ERROR Ignoring configuration file [null/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties].

I think the two problems may be related. I have tomcat.home defined in my build.properties file.

Jim

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Howsy,
Then maybe someone else did, or if it's a 3rd party distribution maybe
they just compiled it without debug (which is a fairly routine thing to
do).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics