I've got a database resource declared as part of Tomcat's resource pool
(JNDI?) -- I need a standalone Java app to access it.  How do I declare such
a thing in a standalone app?

I realize this is slightly off topic but I figured someone else out there
might try to do the same thing.

Literally, what I'm doing is creating an "alert" subsystem that at certain
times, the OS schedules a batch run, and it queries for certain conditions
occurring in database tables, and emails people alerts.

Thanks all!

Ian