From: Tim Funk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 5:03 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Can I configure Tomcat to send "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" rather than
"HTT P/1.1 200"?

Recompile the source. (But I thought the 4.1.27 also appended the status
text
too)

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec6.html#sec6

" The individual values of the numeric status codes defined for HTTP/1.1,
and
an example set of corresponding Reason-Phrase's, are presented below. The
reason phrases listed here are only recommendations -- they MAY be replaced
by local equivalents without affecting the protocol."

So OK is only a recommendation. It may actually be any word based on locale.

So the following is probably also valid:

HTTP/1.1 200 Roger

-Tim