From: Pitre, Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 11:34 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Tomcat and Active Directory / 2003

This is my realm setup in my server.xml config....

        <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
                debug="99"
                connectionURL="ldap://[domain controller]:389"
                userBase="OU=Users,OU=Shawmut,DC=[domain],DC=com"
                userSearch="(sAMAccountName={0})"
                userRoleName="member"
                roleBase="OU=Users,OU=Shawmut,DC=[domain],DC=com"
                roleName="memberOf"
                roleSearch="(memberOf=CN=tomcat,CN=Users,DC=shawmut,DC=com)"
                connectionName="CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=shawmut,DC=com"
                connectionPassword="[password]"
                roleSubtree="true"
                userSubtree="true"/>

hope this helps....