Sriram N wrote:

All:

I had once developed a GUI that used the Tomcat code TC 4.0.1 to deliver a
Swing UI that is functionally similar to IBM's Websphere GUI Console in a
limited sort of way. I'd referred to Embedded's main(), to learn how to create
Contexts, Connectors, etc, and create these as required within my Swing
application (MVC style design).

I'm now working on porting the code to make use of TC5.

Could someone please advice me on:
1. What is the paradigm in TC5/JMX ?
Do I need to register with some central object that notifies me about TC5
events such as Context creation, failures, etc?

First download:

http://apache.crihan.fr/dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.12-beta/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12-embed.tar.gz

2. Could I connect to the TC5 objects via JMX and make changes to them ?

Yes, you can. Take a look at the admin application, which use JMX to creates Tomcat 5 objects.

-- Jeanfrancois

I know I should read the source, but I will have access to high speed internet only tomorrow, and would like to be better armed on exactly what I need to download and read.

Thanks,

-- Sriram