Howdy,
Yup, that's a good suggestion.  You actually have extremely fine tuned
control over the shutdown process, including:
1. Session destroyed
2. Servlet destroyed
3. Filter destroyed
4. Context destroyed
5. Any class finalize() method
6. Runtime#addShutdownHook(Thread hook)

The above list is not exhaustive, there are even more things you can
hook on shutdown ;)  1-4 above are specific to servlet containers, 3 to
servlet 2.3 and later containers, 6 to JDK 1.3 and later.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

method
>will be called when your application is about to be removed.

and notify the sender.  Thank you.