Howdy,

>> >Hu! It's in early developments or is it suitable for production ?
>>
>> It's ready for production.  People are already using it in production
>> with tomcat 5.  Of course, I'm biased ;)
>
>Well, there is that beta flag in front of tomcat5 that tell me that
your
>opinion is more than biased :). Of course, I saw a mail telling that
the
>beta flag is related to specification instability (not code), anyway...

Your question, and my answer regarding ready for production, was for
commons-daemon itself.  I also happen to believe* tomcat5 is fine: the
only reason it's beta and not stable is the specs aren't out.

* = I voted for beta, not stable, for this reason.

>Well, that does not help that much. I hope that there will be a
>configuration scheme that'll let easily define user/group/port and so
on
>for the connectors. Just waiting for a sysadmin point of view :).

Sorry I couldn't help you much.  Beyond providing commons-daemon, that
is.  I hope more users contribute rather than just sit and wait for
their desired features to magically get implemented, but hey, I'm not
holding my breath and neither should you.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.