That's not true.

Do your own tests and see if Apache + Tomcat or just Tomcat fullfill your requirement. Tomcat 4.1.x in some case is as good as Apache/Tomcat.

-- Jeanfrancois

Florian Ebeling wrote:

Hi,

Apache is faster for static content and has shorter startup times. And HTTP implemenation is probably more mature in a pure HTTP server like apache.

Steve Jenkins wrote:

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I keep reading that one should not deploy TOMCAT on its' own on a live production server, that you should use Apache as the main webserver redirecting through to TOMCAT - but I don't find anywhere that says why.

Why shouldn't you put just TOMCAT on a live production server? Why should you use Apache & Tomcat?
Anyone help?

Many thanks,
Steve.