On November 3, 2003 12:07 pm, Joao Medeiros wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience  with Tomcat serving PHP...
> I've looked in a lot of places so far but all I can get is pieces of
> information that I can't put together. Sure someone somewhere must have
> a 'How-To' that explains how to do this but I just can't find it...
>
> TIA,
> --Jo

This is very possible, so long as you're using Apache with mod_jk.so to mount
your contexts from Tomcat.

If you're using Apache 2.x, you'd compile PHP as a shared object, and not as a
module.  So you'd have htdocs/php and you'd mount your Tomcat contexts as
/jsp or some such thing.  Apache will deal with serving PHP pages, but you
can't for instance put a PHP page in /jsp .  You can *only* serve PHP pages
through Apache, not Tomcat.  But you can have both PHP scripts and JSPs on
the same web.

--
Robert Charbonneau
[EMAIL PROTECTED]