Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2003 00:20 schrieb Kendall Kunz:

> We have Apache Tomcat installed and required a change to the password of
> the system.  After changing all the passwords, using the login screen
> called http://localhost:8080/index.jsp, under Tomcat Administration, we
> cannot login to access the system.  See also
> http://localhost:8080/admin/login.jsp.  Help?  How do we login and gain
> access again?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Kendall

Hi K.&K.

On http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/tomcat_tips.html
you find a good description.
I had the same problem. But the only thing I did wrong was after changing the
tomcat-users.xml file tomcat has to be restarted ... and that doesnīt work
perfect on my SuSE. But after a few tries itīs done.
And yes... donīt forget to set the role and roles in the xml tags!

Greetings Jan

http://62.178.240.60     and tomcat on :1977 (<(o;>
icq 169389999