Hi all,

I would like to use an SQL backend for the tomcat sessions like documented in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/manager.html

I see :

create table tomcat_sessions (
  session_id     varchar(100) not null primary key,
[...]

The DBA says that setting a primary key forces an index of this field, and that the
size could be a problem on the DB. As far as I understand it, the size of the
session_id in tomcat is 32bits. So, a varchar(32) should be enough. Is the
PersistentManager appending any information to the session_id justifying the 100 size?

Thanks for any tips about it (I'm not aware about SQL that much).

François (bofh).