Hi Tony !

I'm surprised you got the ant command working ! I tried that first, and wasted a lot of time tinkering with the build.xml with no success. I always use the "configure" command now. Ant is a great tool, but I suspect that the buildfile is broken somehow (or maybe it's just me !).

Regards,
pascal chong

Tony F. White wrote:

Hi Chong,

I have managed to get the connectors working...
This time I downloaded the JK2 connectors from
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi

And did an old fashioned
cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/native2
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
make

And copy to apache2/modules/

So far so good...

Previously I was doing
cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.29-src/jk/
cp build.properties.sample build.properties
vim build.properties
ant native
and copy...

The native method has normally worked for me no problems, I hadn't done the
configure & make with the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.29 as there isn’t a
configure command....

Thanks for your help, and I am glad you like our services.

Cheers
Tony