Laurent,
When does a class reload occur ?

I was talking about a context re-load, which dumps everything in the context and re-starts it in a new ClassLoader.

When u update a JSP ?

Yes, the class gets re-loaded, but not the whole context. This is much less of a problem.

When u update a class ?

Sometimes is depende on the class you update. If you update a servlet that's mapped in web.xml, then Tomcat will definately re-load the context. Sometimes it seems like if I update a bean class that Tomcat doesn't re-load. I don't know it's checking technique.

When u update a lib ?

I don't think it re-loads the context for a lib update.

When u do reload in the manager webapps ? => yes :)

Of course!

It will also re-load if web.xml changes, and I've seen it re-load sometimes if anything directly in the WEB-INF directory changes (i.e. I have struts-config.xml in my current application, and if I change that, sometimes it reloads).

-chris