Hi,

I cannot change the code of my servlet since I use the Turbine framework. So I tried your second solution which doesn't work anymore. When I now want to access http://myserver/context/resources, I have the "directory listing for /" page ...

Maybe anyone have an idea of what's hapening, or maybe should I give up my idea ?!

Thanks,

SaM

Tim Funk wrote:

Or you might be able to get away with this to in web.xml ...
<servlet-mapping>
  <url>/resources</url>
  <servlet>default</servlet>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <url>/resources/*</url>
  <servlet>default</servlet>
</servlet-mapping>

-Tim

Tim Funk wrote:

No, but this *might* work. Place it in your servlet which maps to /* ...
(assuming your extending javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet)

doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp) {
if (req.getRequestURI().indexOf("/resources")>-1) {
//Use the default servlet to serve the static content
getServletContext().getNamedDispatcher("default").forward(req, resp);
return;
}

  //Normal logic
}

-Tim

Samuel Le Berrigaud wrote:

Hi all,

I want to map my servlet with /* url pattern except the /resources directory which contains static content that I want to acces directly. Is there any particular configuration that could allow me to do so, in my web.xml file or in the server.xml config file ?

I want to do that on a Tomcat 4.1