Hello:

Please post queries related to Tomcat's usage to the Tomcat-user mailing list.
You will have a bigger audience there to help you get started with Tomcat.

1. Have you read the application developer's guide ?
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/index.html
It is also installed along with the tomcat that you are running as part of the
tomcat documentation, accessible via http://localhost:8080/

Read this doc, and you will learn exactly where to place classes (e.g. not in
the bin folder).

2. To get started quickly, I suggest you make a copy of the examples webapps,
and start adding jsps there.

3. Does your bean belong to some package ? e.g. foo.bar.MyBean

4. Upper/lower case matters. Are you typing the class name in the correct case
?

Post a snippet of how you are trying to include the Bean.

-- Sriram