Maybe I will try some more testing. The one thing I haven't replicated
is that the problem machine is running 3 virtual hosts.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Sexton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 10:23 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: RequestDispatcher.include() on 5.0.14

I Emailed Remy off list. Essentially, the problem appears intermittent
and may be hardware or JVM related (but I don't think so...). Here is
the text of the last message I sent to him:

You are right. I wrote a test case, and it worked.

I then went back and re-tested my original application. This time it
worked.

Today, I ran into another problem where I was getting a
ClassCastException retrieving an attribute from a session. When I run it
under 4.1.29, it works perfectly. FWIW, Tomcat 5.0.14 was not doing this
last night. There are many other places throughout the application where
this attribute is retrieved from the session, but this is the only one
failing. Just for grins, I made a small code change and re-compiled.
Unsurpisingly the issue "went away"

I just tried both issues on a different machine running 5.0.14 w/ JDK
1.4.1_01 under Windows and all aspects are working correctly.

The machine where I have been having issues is running SUSE 9.0
professional with JDK 1.4.2-b28. I tried upgrading the JVM on the SUSE
machine to 1.4.2_02-b03 and still had the same issues. This machine has
been running Win2K reliably for several years. To be safe, I ran
MemTest86 on it, and it reported no issues.

At this point I have conflicting data. On the one hand, the app works on
one machine with 5.0.14. On another machine, it doesn't work with
5.0.14, but works well with 4.1.29.

At this point I have to say I believe there is something (or many
things) wrong with 5.0.14. The problem appears intermittently, and is
difficult to trigger with many different symptoms.