Hello Andreas

> if you only want to protect the data that the
> user sends to the server...

I was getting users to log in using SSL, and then switching to non-SSL in
order to avoid the SSL overheads. (When I decided I could not 'hang on' to
the same session, I decided to stick with SSL permanently.)

> Have you tried to encode the sessionid in the request-url with
> response.encodeURL("TARGET-URL")?...

I shall have to dig up the code to double-check, and it may take me a while,
so please bear with me on that.

Regards

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK