On 11/13/2003 09:07 AM Andreas Mohrig wrote:
-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christopher Schultz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
It's possible that you'll still have the same session, but you'll just have to re-login. Does that make any sense?

That's my problem exactly. I don't think that it makes any sense either. The only explanation seems to be that the container based authentication in Tomcat 4.1 has been implemented without session persistence in mind. I'm afraid I will have to change to application based authentication after all.

Hi Andreas,
since you are in the experimental stage, perhaps you should check out tomcat 5 before you start creating your own security, because in v5 the container-managed security changes somewhat. It may be that this problem is tackled differently in the new version.

tomcat 5 is not out of beta yet, but I don't think that is far away.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9