Is it possible to have Apache receive HTTPS requests and
then use JK2 to forward them on to a Tomcat that deals with the SSL/certificates
and services the requests?

I want Apache & JK2 to be simply a conduit and not try to deal with the SSL.

Tomcat will have the certificate, not Apache.

This Apache will serve some static content, but when it gets requests
for certain contexts (which will require https), I want Apache just to  pipe
the packets off to a Tomcat at an undisclosed location and not try to authenticate.

I know this is unusual, but I have a good reason.

Can it be done?

Thanks,

Mike Kellstrand