It might be a good idea to put the comment back in, restart Tomcat, and then
see whether or not you get these errors. At least that way you know whether
or not they're related to your changes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yansheng Lin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 5:59 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Enabling <valve> crashed ESRI Arcims applications.

Nope, no errors or exception(not that I know of:). I did a

>tail apache_log.2003-11-13.txt

and the log just stop there after the first arcims request.  And on the
arcims
server side, nothing happens, i.e., no arcims request was received.  I do
get
the following exception when I started my tomcat.  But I think that
exception is
always there, with or without <Valve>.

--------------
2003-11-13 15:20:14 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
Exception on socket
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:116)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:144)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)