Peter,

We're using Sun OS 5.9 at present, Tomcat and JBoss run on this...  The machine specs
are:

1.4.Ghz proc.
512Mb RAM.

Hardly a powerhouse of a machine but we can move toa  dual proc. machine with 1Gb of
ram if needs be.

I could cluster multiple copies of Tomcat on seperate machines with a simple load
balancer on the front end?  I'd ratehr not go that route yet though and see if I can
get it so that single machine can handle up to 250 - 300 simultaneous requests.

Is there any point in clustering instances of Tomcat on the same machine?

Many thanks,
Jon.