Howdy,

>Thanks. Out of curiosity, what sort of RAM allocations would you
typically
>do on a production UNIX machine?  Obviously I don't want to use up all
of
>my memory, but this and mySQL are my only two production apps.

There's no general answer: it depends on both your application and your
expected load.  Know what the expected load is, develop stress test
scripts the mimic it, and test your application.  If you run out of
memory, figure out why (leak or just not enough allocated), and repeat
this process until your app can handle the desire load with the desired
response time.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.