Hi Yoav,
  I was looking for a basic design model, that worked well, such as a high
level class diagram( classes,interfaces, etc ) that shows a good way to
implement openJMS within tomcat.  Some code snipets would be nice if
possible.  As I said, my main consern in Point-to-Point Queue processing, I
don't have any need for Subscription / Topic.   Basically I was looking to
have some manager class that on tomcat startup, would read in a config file,
then create listeners for all specified queues.

It my current tests, I have been having trouble getting the listeners to
work properly. I have no trouble putting messages in the queue, but my
listener some how is removing the item from the queue but not calling the
onMessage() method, so I never get a chance to handle the message, it just
vanishes.

My listeners have this structure..

class FtpQueueListener implements javax.jms.MessageListener
{
        private QueueSession session;
        private QueueReceiver receiver;

        FtpQueueListener()

        close()
        // closes jms session
        // clears the reciever's message listener..
receiver.setMessageListener(null);

        startListener()
        // gets a jms connection,session, receiver and bind them to local
variabls
        // sets the reciever's message listener to self..
receiver.setMessageListener(this);

        onMessage()
        // handles messages, but seems to never get called, broken
}

I was reading some info that talked about using the MessageListner.run()
method in a threaded sense.
You need to make the class implement runnable.  Is this required for doing
async message handling?

Thanks for your help,

Rick